Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 454

As the female's gaze turned to the water, so did Davyn's. He found it fascinating that the water steamed in the cold air, the plumes rising gently out of the water like billowing smoke. The air flowing from both their mouths held the same unique qualities as the steam from the water, and Davyn could feel condensation building on the fur around his mouth, promptly freezing the fur.

Davyn leaned back, so that he was laying flat on his back, staring blankly up at the cerulean sky. He had initially asked the question to learn of her take on life, but her response had left him wondering how he took life. For so long, when he had been a puppy, Davyn had been happy go lucky, not really paying attention to the death and gloom that accompanied everyday life. Though he had not seen it, he knew in the back of his mind that it had been there. He had been plunged into the blood and gore that fateful day, the day that his parents had been brutally slaughtered before his eyes.

Davyn turned his head to make eye contact with her. Once again, he marveled at the unique color of her eyes, and realized that he would never be able to truly capture her figure in art; she was ever changing, like a druid clinging to the waves of a thought. "I...I find you to be the most intriguing woman I have ever met, Tala. To see life the way you do is so rare; so few wolves look at the world the same way, and you are the first that I've encountered that looked at life the way you do." He looked back to the sky, blushing profusely. "I would like to know you more, if that might be acceptable with you. In Ireland, the etiquette I was raised with dictated that a lady such as yourself would have to accept the male before they could truly get to know each other." Davyn looked at her meaningfully, not knowing how else to phrase his intentions without being absurdly rude.

The silver male was not accustomed to flirting and dancing around his goal as he was, but every moment with Tala so far had been a valuable learning experience. The dappled female had taught him much about life, and herself, with so few words. He felt that they had a growing connection, but did not want to impose upon that connection to gain what he yearned for; she would have to accept him, as he was, before he made his intentions truly clear. Even then, Davyn knew that it would take a while to get acclimated to the feelings and emotions before…before THAT.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread