Faces painted in the sand
[html]

And so the turmoil starts. SSWM wc 412

The male's gaze unfocused as he looked into the distance. The sun was over the tallest tree tops now, but Davyn did not see that, caught in the world of memories as he was. The wolves in his pack had been tolerant of his strange ways, to a point. But it was a curiosity for one of their kind to even contemplate studying the humans and their ways. Davyn did not understand this philosophy, as the pack had adopted the religion of Wicca, once worshipped by humans, before the virus had spread. But the pack claimed that they had always followed the religion, therefore making it seem as if the humans had picked up the religion from the wolves.

As Davyn turned his attention back to the present, he noticed that Tala had placed two rings on the fingers of her right hand, and he marveled at the craftsmanship of the rings. They looked old, older that the rings that his mother had worn on her hands, and yet they had survived for so long...it seemed, in his artist's mind, that the rings had been made for Tala's hand, as they fit perfectly and accentuated her fascinating personality. He briefly saw, in his mind's eye, a vintage gold ring, embellished with leaves, wrapping around one of her fingers, and his heart rate sped up.

"I thank you, Tala. I cannot tell you how much your words mean to me." He smiled warmly at her. "I apologize, however. I have been asking so many questions, and have given you no chance to learn what you will of me. Please, feel free to ask any questions you may have. I find that I cannot deny your kind eyes any answers." It was true. Even if she asked a question that he truly had no answer to, Davyn felt that he would willingly search the earth for the answer to such a question, as intriguing as this young woman was.

Davyn sat up slowly, so as not to get a headrush. The cool air chilled his lungs, making them burn, but he did not want to leave Tala’s company for even an instant. If she gave any hint that she was cold, however, he would immediately suggest that they head for warmer shelter. Davyn knew that her cabin was a ways from her, and so, logically, his den was the closest available source for warmth. He would not have her coming down with a cold.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread