Faces painted in the sand
[html]

5+

Tala had always been a fan of little trinkets and jewelry when she had been young. She had seen women wearing rings and necklaces when she was a pup and had always felt a pang of want to have one of her own, one she could say was hers and that nobody else had to ake back after she was done playing with it. Some men had down pendants around their necks too, though it had been much more rare in that pack to see Men decorate themselves with such things.

Turning her attention to Davyn Tala smiled, seeing the sterling metal against his chest made him seem all the much more vibrant than he had a moment ago. The thick chain and fascinating Triquerta coming together to make a handsome item. She gave a soft nod of approval as she gazed at it. It suited the Irishmen quite well actually. It blended well against the grey fur he sported, seeming to shine and catch every light and relfection, just like those wondrous silver eyes.

Tala blushed heavily when he pressed his cheek to her hand, it was the sort of thing that made her wish that it would never stop. She could feel her heart picking up in her chest, his warmth, his earthy scent. It all meshed together in perfect harmony that set her senses in a wild fit of delight. His words made the breathe catch in her throat, her eyes softening and her body seeming to melt like ice in the summer. "Davyn, your words are so sweet. You're the only one who I want to hear those words from. Not a soul more." Her words were almost a whisper, meant for his ears and his ears alone. She wasn't sure what compelled her to say that to him, but it was utter truth.

The emotion in his voice when he spoke of his past was apparent. He still felt the pain, the guilt. Both of these things made her want to comfort him, hold him and tell him that it's not his fault. He would have died too it he had been able to help. That thought hurt her. It wasn't until after he was done speaking, after his throat seemed to relax and his body no longer strained in memory that she spoke. "I'm so sorry Davyn. Please, none of that was your fault. It was terrible, absolutely terrible what happened. Though you survived, I know it hurts that you couldn't help.... but you're alive. I assure you that I know they are happy for you, even after death." She wasn't sure if it would help any, but it's what she felt, she wanted to share, even if he did not like it or agree.

She took his hand as she stood and thought about it for a moment. Sitting by a fire did seem enchanting right now, it would warm her up considerably as well. Going home to her cabin on cold limbs was never a fun experience. "That sounds absolutely lovely, thank you Davyn. Tea... sounds like a miracle at this point." Her laugh was soft. She would never believe that he was trying to trick her into something or take advantage of her trusting nature. He was not the type to do that. She knew that already, even without reason to believe it in fact.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread