Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 366

Davyn relished the feel of her hand in his, and her words touched him deeply. He did blame himself for the death of his family, just as the alpha of his pack had, but she was right; what was done was done, it was in the past, and there was nothing he would be able to do to change what had passed. The pendant that Tala had given him so readily already felt like a part of his body; there was no way it would be leaving its place around his neck anytime soon.

Her laughter warmed his soul, making him grin with her. He just couldn't help it; her presence alone made him want to smile throughout the livelong day. Before they headed back to his den, Davyn thought of something. "What kind of tea would you like? I live to serve you, milady." He spoke with a wide grin, his brogue starting to slip out in full. The silver wolf was anything but rude, and eager to please the amber eyed woman who stood beside him. He knelt, lifting the box of trinkets, handing it to her. Davyn handled it carefully, as if it were her heart. This woman had certainly captured his.

As they came in sight of the tree that sheltered his den, his thoughts begin to race. Oh dear, are the logs ready to be put on the fire? Do I have enough kindling? Are the mugs clean? Is the kettle full of water? What are we going to talk about once we get in there? Will I have the right kind of tea for her? What if she doesn’t like my den? His palms began to sweat slightly in his anxiety, so eager as he was to impress and please his fair lady.

The male paused, realizing something. He knew suddenly, with every fiber of his being, that she trusted him, and his glad heart soared on golden wings. Nothing could bring him down, except for her to walk away, which he really, really hoped she wouldn’t do. Davyn had no idea what he would do if she turned her back on their budding friendship.

"Welcome to my humble abode."

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread