Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 318

Davyn was slightly surprised when she sank against him, her warm breath brushing against his neck, and held his breath. He was afraid that if he drew in even a single breath, this wonderful setting would shatter, like some false promise created by a faerie queen. Tala's scent mingled with that of the woodsmoke and tea, and Davyn could easily picture her here, in his home, dancing and laughing without a single care in the world.

She fit so perfectly against his body, he briefly tightened his grip in a sort of half hug before releasing her reluctantly. The silence enveloped them...but it wasn't an awkward silence, It was the silence of friends, content to simply be in each other's company, no need for words or vocalizations of thoughts. He sighed, completely content. He never wanted this feeling to end, and he marveled at the fact that he had found it here, in the Valley, with a pixie who had stolen his heart.

When she spoke, Davyn looked down at her, taking in every raspy word. "You are quite welcome, Tala, but it is I should be thanking you. You have filled my world with light, in the few days that I have known you. No other wolf has ever done that for me, and you have made me see the world in a completely different light." He smiled softly. Indeed, she had changed his point of view. His art now reflected light, where before his sketches had been without, as dark and dismal as his thoughts had been. “I am deeply honored and happy to call you my friend, Tala. Your presence has calmed my soul, made it look forward to every glance you grace me with. I can’t possibly imagine what life in this Valley might have been like had I not met you…” His voice trailed off, caught once more in her bright amber gaze.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread