Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 330

The tea had warmed his body, and he felt the warmth spreading to the extremities furthest from the crackling fire. It felt wonderful, to have this lovely woman sitting next to him in front of a roaring fire, right in his own home. Davyn looked around slowly, making sure everything was in its righteous place; he didn't have much on the walls, yet, but as soon as spring came around there would be flowers and leaves braided together with grass decorating the walls, and herbs ready to be used, sitting on a shelf he had not yet carved out in the wall.

When she looked up at him, with that darling smile of hers, his breath caught. He found himself wishing to see that beautiful smile every day for the rest of his life... "You have definitely made me smile more in the past few days than I have in months; thank you, Tala. I would have to say that we are both extremely blessed..." He paused, seeing the hesitation in her eyes.

"Did I say something..." Davyn stopped, completely caught off guard as she, ever so gently, kissed his cheek. If his blush didn't match hers, he would have been extremely surprised. No woman had ever kissed him, and if they had thought about it, it was pretty obvious that they had scoffed at such a radical idea. So when Tala's lips met the fur of Davyn's cheek, he sat in shock, completely speechless for once. His thoughts were thrown into havoc, and he could not track a single one of them down and pinpoint what the actual thought was.

Once Davyn regained what little composure he had left, he caught one of her twitching hands in his own. Watching her eyes for any sign of negative reaction, he slowly brought her hand up to his lips, kissing her knuckles gently. This woman had captured him, heart and soul. He could only hope she might feel the same way.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread