Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 327; poem quoted anonymously

Davyn smiled at her. "Tala, there is no way I could ever be upset in your presence, especially by anything you do." He rose slowly, crossing the few steps to his desk. He opened the drawer, pulling out a bundle of papers, leaving one at the bottom of the drawer; that piece of art was not yet done, and he planned on giving it to her as a gift...later.

Davyn nervously handed the bundle of papers to her, pulling one scrap out of the pile. "I never finished the poem, but I have another one I think you might like..." His voice trailed off, worried that she might not like the poem he had chosen to read to her, one he had found in his studies at the university in Halifax. The decision had been made in a split second, but the poem had been practically screaming at him to be shared.

He felt nervous as he cleared his throat; he knew the poem by heart, having read it every night since acquiring it. Davyn raised his eyes from the paper, watching her eyes for any reaction as he quoted the poem:

“You've given me a reason
For smiling once again,
You've filled my life with peaceful dreams
and you've become my closest friend.

You've shared your heartfelt secrets
And your trust you've given me,
You showed me how to feel again
To laugh, and love, and see.

If life should end tomorrow
And from this world I should part,
I shall be forever young
For you have touched my heart.”

His voice trailed off as the last words spun in his head. Davyn found himself suddenly wanting to kiss her, but once again, he could not tell what her reaction might be to such an action, and so he carefully held himself in check, but only just. It was a huge test of self control, one that he was not entirely sure he could pull off.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread