Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 305, song quoted: Learn to be Lonely, Minnie Driver

Time stood still; Davyn couldn't tell which heart beat louder--his or hers. It was utter perfection, the overflow of sensation that flooded between the two of them, and Davyn knew that after this brief taste, he would never be satiated.

When he was a pup, he had had dreams of finding the one, the one person he could look away from the mystery and intrigue of art and history for. His mother had always told him stories, but she had had the tone of voice that belied her disbelief. She had never thought that a wolf whose head was so far in the stars could ever find a suitable mate. She sang a lullaby to him and his sisters on the nights when it stormed...

"Child of the wilderness
Born into emptiness
Learn to be lonely
Learn to find your way in darkness

Who will be there for you
Comfort and care for you
Learn to be lonely
Learn to be your one companion

Never dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you
You’ve always known your heart was on its own

So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness
Learn to Be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone

Learn to be lonely
Life can be lived life can be loved alone"

Davyn had listened to that lullaby night after night, and after a while, he had started to believe it was true. Until the day he had met Tala..."I believe that we all have soul mates in this world, romantically or otherwise." He leaned his forehead against hers, breathing in her scent, hoping for something he did not yet know. “So, according to that logic, we are both lucky, are we not?” His breathing was starting to settle, his eyes starting to focus once more.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread