right where it belongs
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ Get up.
_____ Ahren’s eyes snapped open the moment he heard her voice in his head. The smoke and the fire were all around and he was very suddenly drawn back to Europe. He saw Jasper, saw Matinee, saw the flames. Then all too suddenly he was back in his own body and another voice was whispering in his ear. You’ve done it before, did you do it again? Ahren pushed that voice away and scrambled to his feet. He hadn’t done this. Instinct told him to move and experience told him to cover his mouth and nose from the soot, but there was nothing left, everything was burning and there was no stopping it.
_____ Laruku’s cry reached his ears and he spun, understanding without knowing how what was being said. That was not simply a warning, it was a suicide note. With a snarl, Ahren was off and running, well aware of the danger to his own safety. Soon, he saw the man he was looking for—laying on the grave, eyes closed. Above him, a branch let out a furious moan and Ahren acted on impulse. He rushed forward and yanked the hybrid out of the way. Unfortunately, his timing was off. The branch fell and caught him on the side of the face and on his arm, neatly burning off half of his hair and making him yowl as something hot got in his eye. Shaking his head frantically and stumbling, he hit the ground, no longer capable of thinking coherently.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread