sunshine's been keepin' me up for days [p]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.malachi b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4243; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.malachi p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.malachi {width:400px;border:1px dashed #ac4243;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... alachi.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#a8b0a5;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a3e27;}
</style>

438 words.

Her large, cream and chocolate body stayed low to the ground, despite how cold and full of snow the ground was becoming. Honey colored eyes watched as the pup she ran into made the same surprised look that all pups had. Truthfully, it broke Mala's heart to see their faces full of surprise, and sometimes mixed with fear. Rounded ears became flat on her head, as Mala tried to look as small as possible. It never worked, of course, and she almost regretted stumbling into the pup. Besides, who knew if she howled and other wolves came running to her aid. Malachi suddenly blamed herself for assuming, if she scared this pup she could surely call for help. Not like Denali had all those moons back, where his fear subsided and turned into play - one of the first times since Mala was banished.

"It's okay," Mala said into the air softly, trying to sound almost motherly. Instincts of having looked over and cared for pups in her tribe kicked in, despite how much she was breaking on the inside to see the little one scared to death. "I'm a wolf, just like you. Only.. bigger. I eat a lot in the winter," the shaggy female explained, suddenly grabbing the courage to lift her body up some, only to roll herself onto her back, large belly exposed playfully. Snow nearly covered every inch of her now, looking like some great snow beast of some sort. All four of her paws were drawn up some, looking more like a large, cuddly thing than something menacing. Malachi hoped that's what the pup before her would think.

"I don't know your mother, but I don't think she'd like you in the forest.. or anywhere by yourself." The large creature wasn't sure how old the pup was, but she still had that soft hair that puppies did. Even if the young one did squeak out how old and mature she was to be out on her own, Mala would still smile and worry for her. She glanced at the pup, her muzzle turned sideways but still seeing her upside down. From this position, it looked like the pup was a giant, towering over Mala herself. "My name's Malachi, what's yours?" Her voice, though gruff, still moved like silk the moment it slipped from her tongue. It was coupled with an accent no one else could really describe, unless they spoke the same language. As much fur and fat that the shaggy female had on her, she was still freezing, but was too afraid to move for fear of scaring the young wolf.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread