But he'll always be a problem
[html]

WC 384

all the anguish you suppressed

Claudius grinned widely at Liliana's response. He would have to try experimenting a few different ways in the future, working with smaller pails of snow and a bigger one to see which was more efficient. While Claudius certainly did not have a precise, analytical, and scientific mind; he could recognize the need for efficiency in a trade. He liked doing things right and he wanted to show Liliana that he did know what he was doing.

"That's great," he replied slowly. He was very proud to hear not a waver or stutter in his voice. He then turned and walked to the other side of the hut to pick up his dyes. He squatted in front of the mason jars and took one in each hand. He then stood up, turned around, and brought them over to the water. He unscrewed the lid of the first jar and poured the red dye in to the bath. He paused for a moment when he remembered he had left a piece of wood, which vaguely resembled a spoon, by his dye jars. He set the blue jar down, returned to the other side of the hut, and picked up the spoon. He returned back to the dye bath and leaned over with his spoon to stir it a bit. The dye had already began to mix with the water, so he poured in the blue dye as well and began to stir them together. It was starting to get hot, so he stepped away to let it boil.

He'd read a lot of different suggestions for dying in his books, so he wasn't too sure if it would be good to let it boil for long. Normally, he needed to boil the actual plants, but since he already had the dyes prepared and boiled, housed in jars, he doubted he would actually need to let it boil for half an hour, like he'd said earlier.

"We s-s-should reduce the f-f-flames now," he began. "I j-j-just r-r-emembered I don't... n-ned to to to h-a-ave it boil for long since... I pre-p-pared the dyes already." He looked at the fire and wondered how they were supposed to kill the fire without water, since they'd need to use the fire later. "How can w-w-we lo-ower the f-f-flame with-o-o-o-out water?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread