But he'll always be a problem
[html]

Claudius will be checking the wool every five or so minutes, so you can have Liliana watch and then say when she likes the colour Big Grin

all the anguish you suppressed

Claudius lifted his hands out and gave them a little shake over the tub. Yep, they were definitely dyed. While he was dyed elsewhere, such as his shoulder, this was not intentional. He supposed it wasn’t a problem given his craft, but he would have much preferred to have a cleaner appearance. Of course, Liliana didn’t seem to mind at all: she plunged right in, pushing the wool into the tub.

Claudius nodded quietly as Liliana spoke and began to search for his wooden ladle. He didn’t know what to say in response, so he just kept nodding as he hunted around the hut. Once he found the ladle, he returned to the tub and used it to push the wool around every few minutes to keeping it equally soaked. Once it was wet enough, it would stop trying to rise to the surface, but it was still good to stir it a bit.

Liliana continued her story as he worked and Claudius was glad for the company. Normally, he did this on his own and the entire dyeing process was very long and quiet.

“We-ell, m-a-aybe one day… I c-could… help… you,” he offered shyly. “Since we-e-e’re a-lmost done here. And um, just... t-tell me when you... l-like the c-c-colour. We have to dye i-it darker and then t-take it out. I'll h-hold it u-p-p every so often to sh-ow you,” he explained. He ducked his head and continued to push the wool around.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread