But he'll always be a problem
[html]

That is okay since we are just about done anyways! Big Grin You can have Liliana wring it out with Claudis and then carry it to a clothesline to finish this up. Thanks for the lovely thread!(WC: 304)

all the anguish you suppressed

When Liliana found a colour she liked, Claudius nodded quickly and then dunked the the blanket back in the dye bath. It would have to soak for another five minutes and once that was done, it would really be the colour she wanted. Dyeing was tricky, since you couldn't always get the exact shade you wanted, but it also meant there was an element of surprise, albeit a very safe one. Claudius liked surprises like this since they couldn't hurt him or bite him. He was mostly thinking of those horrible, big, scary horses which always surprised him and always tried to nibble on his ears!

When she spoke again, Claudius had to duck his head away out of embarrassment. He honestly didn't know how to take a compliment as pointed as that one, so he couldn't help but look away. He shook his head vigorously when she spoke of repayment, for this was his repayment to her so she wasn't allowed to repay him for it. That wasn't how things worked.

"Th-th-th... a-a-ank y-you," he stuttered in a whisper. "B-but you can't... repay... m-me. This i-s my repay-ay-ment to you. M-maybe we c-can just be f-f-friends," he added. "And, uh, umm, n-now, we uh, have to l-lift it. Lift it out. B-but first w-w-we should try... to wring it out... a bit" He grabbed one end of the sodden blanket and pulled it up just a bit to prepare himself. It would cast dye all over her hut if they just lifted it straight out and to a clothesline, so it would be best to try to wring it out a bit first. He didn't think the two of them would be able to carry something so heavy even with their combined strength, so it'd be best to ensure it wasn't dripping wet.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread