Red Flowers
[html]

501 words. Yeah, I like to be prompt with my replies. No sense to leave people hanging! <3 I love Revan, by the way.

He was full of questions, about the art, about her wound. While she showed little in the way of paying attention, she was. She heard each word as it fell from his ebony mouth, forming her responses with a delicate touch inside of her head. Her first was in regards to the art she had mentioned, and she stepped to the side of the crimson stain in the snow, motioning with a fluid gesture at the eight-rayed creation settled on the ground. "Like a flower amidst winter," she explained, casting him a sideways grin.

It marked the land as theirs, really, though not everyone within the realm of Inferni landed under the Lykoi umbrella. It wasn't a mark seen outside of her home, outside of the kingdom of the coyotes; it could very well be a symbol of their longevity, were others to use it as such. As far as she recalled, only her family bore the crimson star on their person. Only the younger generations born from Kaena Lykoi and her spawn. They were the keepers of the kingdom, longtime rulers of the fold. It was a comforting fact to the coymutt woman as she gazed upon her creation in the bloody snow.

She didn't notice his concern as he stared at her arm, Massacre eyes still focused on the melting snow at their feet, but she heard the concern in his voice. "Are you sure you're okay?" He offered help, to take her back to his den for medical aid; her eyes narrowed critically. She wasn't about to let some youthful male to thimblerig her into a false situation; while bandages were one thing, she was wary of young and unrelated men who offered a trip back to their home.

A moment passed as she took the time to decide if he was honest, finally settling on a yes. He was a pack member, and there were rules that fell within the Inferni lands that might prohibit any desire for forced physical contact. She shook her head quickly. "Yes, yes. A bandage would be wonderful."

He seemed uncomfortable as she asked his name, his ears falling slack and his eyes cast down. Offend her? He hadn't offended her, certainly not. She was simply curious as to who he was, and she got her answer: Revan Rajanikant. A smile returned to her cream-furred lips, listening to his apologies but offering no true words of consolement. While he hadn't offended her, she didn't mind if he thought he had; it wasn't her place to correct him.

"May I ask what your name is?"

She hesitated. While she was proud of her father and family, she always wondered what others thought. Gabriel was, first and foremost, a wolf. A monster. More of a monster than the rest of them. But he was their Aquila, their leader, and she loved him. A silent nod preceeded her answer: "Talitha Lykoi." She didn't add her parents into her name. Secretly, she may have been ashamed.

<style>
.talithaop .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.talithaop p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.talithaop b {color:#3d3d3d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.talithaop {background-color:#C3C8D3; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/27zazra.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.talithaop-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.talithaop .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread