Tell me this will end
[html]

Sorry for the wait! 300+

It was obvious that Anu was not quite herself, the fever affecting her deeply. Normally the Medicus would have been more understanding of how this was altering the woman's thoughts and consciousness. There was nothing normal about what was going on in any of their lives right now though, and Cambria's nerves were already frayed and torn. Any other time, she would never imagine that she would raise her voice, much less yell, at the Praetor of the pack. Her mother's best friend, her mate's mother. The pressures that had been building upon her for the past days and weeks had brought her to her breaking point, and Anu's fixation on her departed son had made her patience snap like a whip. "Stop it!" she cursed, a small snarl morphing her usually soft features. Enough was enough.

"You are sick Anu. Sick. And it has nothing to do with Alder. Even if he came back, you would still be sick. Do you understand?" The healer's words were rushed, and much harsher than her voice was meant to utter. "You mothers, something happens to one of your children, and you forget about everyone else that needs you." In all honesty, Cambria hadn't blamed her mother at all for her behavior since Artemis' fall and Denali's disappearance, but deep in her heart she knew that Savina had not been as conscious of her other children and her pack's needs. Nothing bad had even happened to Alder and she was too upset to even think of understanding what the elder fey was going through emotionally. "If you give up, what do you think will happen to Alder? To Oak and Cypress? To Crimson Dreams? We need you. My mother needs you." Hot tears welled up in her eyes, her temper mixing with all of her sorrows.

The Marino girl took a deep breath, futilely trying to regain some measure of composure. "Just listen to me and drink the tea when I give it to you. Otherwise I'll tie you down and make you drink it myself, because I'm not letting anything else happen to anyone around here." They couldn't take any more hits, they just couldn't. If Anu got worse, and didn't recover, none of them would recover. They couldn't sustain her loss. Cambria knew this.

<style type="text/css">
.cambisad b {font-weight:bold; color:#640E12; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #004B5A; }
.cambisad-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.cambisad p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.cambisad {margin:0 auto; width:413px; background-color:#00687E; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... mbisad.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #001B1E; padding: 285px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#05353E; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.cambisad-line1 {width:373px; border-bottom:1px dotted #014456; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread