and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]
Thread Information
Date: 26 Feb, if okay? :3

Setting: Halifax.

Time: Early afternoon.

Character Form: Starts as Lupus, shifts to Optime.
[/html]

[html]

Word Count → 442 :: Ugh. :| I suck, and this is wayyyy late for SSWM. :\ I'm sorry. ;~~~; If you're not interested anymore, no worries, lemme know and I'll mark it all welcome.

The city was a strange place for Eris to be. She had barely ventured outside of her cave for the past two months; at first, she had been kept in there by choice, tending to her children and raising them. Then, the snow had come, and she had not ventured outside for lack of ability for at least a week. The blizzard itself had been bad enough, but then after that, they had to basically dig themselves out of the cave. At least it had been relatively warm in there with the torches and the small fires -- if it wasn't for that, the sable-shaded woman thought she might have just frozen to death. She could not have imagined staying out in the open up above on the mountain with her children in such weather -- the thought that she could have dug a den for them into the ground itself hardly occurred to the sable-shaded woman.

Now that the weather had warmed some, the hybrid woman felt it was safe to venture to the city. She had not been since before December, before joining Anathema. Though the hybrid had never been a prolific scavenger, she enjoyed picking through the pieces of the dead civilization, finding some of them utterly perplexing and others immensely useful. As Eris was not a craft-maker in the least, most of what she found had to be in an already useful condition. Thankfully, the sable-shaded woman did not have any particular need of anything today. She simply had a want to wander, and so she had left the children in Larkspur's care, traveling in her four-legged form quickly to the city. She did not wish to stay away longer than tonight, after all -- the children would wonder where she had gone.

Upon reaching the outskirts of the city, the Tuyul's pace slowed and she shifted, pausing in forward movement only momentarily to push herself up off the ground. Her bright chartreuse eyes cased the buildings surrounding her, wolfish nose twitching as she went. Much of the ground was still covered in snow, and the smashed-in building fronts were no exception to this. If she wanted to find anything useful, it was likely she would have to find a large enough building that had not been penetrated by the harsh storm. Her tail swung back and forth as she walked, glad to be outside of the caves and outside of the packland. It was not as if she did not like living in Anathema -- on the contrary, she rather enjoyed the pack's company. It had simply been a while since the sable-shaded woman had wandered.

<style>
#eris-spiralhell {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;
background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... spiral.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 181px 0px; }
#eris-spiralhell .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#eris-spiralhell .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#eris-spiralhell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#eris-spiralhell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#eris-spiralhell b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread