and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]

Word Count → 556 :: Big Grin

The sprawl of the city still amazed the sable-shaded woman. She had passed around the edges of some cities on her great trek northward from Eterne, though the woman had taken care to avoid even their tangled and twisted extremities, let alone their hearts. It would have taken her far too long to navigate through those vast and remote places -- they were tall and ominous mountain chains, things to be wandered around if possible. Even this city, where she had spent what she considered a decent amount of time, seemed impossible to navigate -- everything appeared similar, and the disarray and destruction did not help any. The storefronts were demolished or smashed in in many cases, and debris littered the street in most places. Some of it seemed more dangerous -- chunks of stone and metal that did not have an obvious origin, things that made Eris glance nervously skyward to the tops of the buildings, as if contemplating the possibility of concrete rain.

“Yes,” she answered honestly, having no desire to hide her pack origin. She found it less distasteful than Inferni, anyway -- dropping that name or bearing that pack's flag of scent could be particularly dangerous. The coal-shaded hybrid wanted to ask on the other canine's status as a loner, but she hesitated, biting the question back before it hit her tongue. She thought there must be good reason; she had not enjoyed the life of a lone wolf, and as usual, Eris had difficulty considering others' perspectives and the possibility Axelle simply enjoyed life as a lone wolf. Still, Eris wasn't so socially stunted she did not see the rudeness of inquiring directly upon another canine's status; after all, she would have disliked an interrogation as to why she'd chosen Anathema. Even so, she would have had an answer ready, almost scripted -- Anathema was where Larkspur's family was, where Larkspur had wanted the to go. It was now where her children were born, too. The question she had expected did not come yet -- instead, the woman inquired on whether or not she enjoyed the Anathema caves.

“I don't dislike it, but it makes me miss the sun sometimes. When that happens, though, I know I just need to spend some time above ground,” the wolf said, rolling her shoulders in a slow shrug as they continued slowly onward. She did not match the other canine's pace exactly -- instead, she kept just a pace ahead of the other woman and gave her a wide berth, enough so that the difference in pace was not so much as to interfere with their line of sight to one another. It was something of an ingrained courtesy, an unconscious movement by the dark hybrid to make both of them more comfortable. Eris did not so much as realize she was doing this, but it was not as if they needed to walk side by side -- the streets were wide enough.

“You don't live in a pack, right? Why not?” the woman inquired cautiously, emboldened by the other canine's question. It had signified some level of comfort to Eris -- had she misread the flow of conversation, she ran the risk of offending the dual-shaded woman, but she did not think that was a great possibility. At least, she hoped it wasn't.

hold us at the center while the spiral unwinds
<style>
.sie-blanktext4 {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lu2Pu.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%; }
.sie-blanktext4 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; }
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-blanktext4 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-blanktext4 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext4 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sie-blanktext4 u{text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread