and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]

Word Count › 506

a dog among kings with no self control

The shadowy woman had never held much interest for these human cities -- they were places of mystery to her, some new and terrible power that had been destructive beyond its makers wildest imaginations. The previous species, the inhabitants of this dead glass and metal city, had been destroyed by their own technology, their chosen lifestyle -- there was little doubt in the coal-hued woman's mind of that. Ancient magic was not the only sort left in the world -- the humans had found some new magic, something called electricity -- it had given them to the brilliant advances, but it had also wrought their end, too. The half-breed knew nothing of the true history of the world; this was simply what she believed. Much like her, few in Eterne held much interest for old human ways of life -- they scavenged from the wreckage of the previous civilization here and there, and borrowed those technologies they did not believe to be detrimental, but beyond that, Eternians could not be bothered to investigate the true causes of their downfall.

Now, though, the hybrid found she had more use for this human place -- the canines here were more concerned with the past history of the world, and they were more attuned to the technological advances of the previous species. She herself was not so much fascinated by the humans and the remains they'd left on the world, but she did realize now that there were greater uses for some of the things humanity had crafted. The coal-hued woman would not deny herself these things based on the fact that the species that made them died. Her coal-shaded ears twisted in the direction of her companion, and she nodded -- though she did not quite understand the need to travel, she did understand a desire for freedom. It was ingrained in every living creature, or so she thought. There was a strange tickle of something as the other canine announced her possible intent to join a pack, the very pack Eris called home -- was it pleasure at additional companionship or a tingle of pride for her pack?

“I think they'd welcome you in Anathema. I would,” the hybrid said, adding a brusque shrug to the statement, as if to deflect the sentimentality of it. She did not know this canine so well as to be able to determine her entire character as of yet, but thus far, Axelle had shown no indication of anything that would lead Eris to believe she would be unwelcome in Anathema. “It's the first pack I've lived in. The leader, Naniko?” she half-asked, her chartreuse eyes glancing toward Axelle to check for signs of recognition. “She welcomes anyone accepted to the pack as family. I don't know that I'd consider Anathema my family, but I've sure felt as if it's home,” she explained, trying to think of a way to summarize their pack briefly. It was more difficult than she thought, and the silence stretched between the pair of walking canines.

<style>
.eris-selfcontrol {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B8z1q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-selfcontrol .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline em { letter-spacing:1.5px; word-spacing:-.5px;}
.eris-selfcontrol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:5px 15px;}
.eris-selfcontrol b { letter-spacing:.05em;}
.eris-selfcontrol u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread