and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]

Word Count › 399 <3!

a dog among kings with no self control

There had been change within the coal-hued woman, certainly -- she had changed a great deal as a result of living in Anathema. She had begun to learn to hunt and make use of herself, though it was true enough that such advances in her ability to provide had more to do with her children than the existence of a pack. She might have vehemently denied these changes if questioned on them -- still, some deep and secret part of herself would have smiled at the notion that others recognized these changes in her, too. She felt better and stronger than she had in Eterne. Now, she could provide for herself, her children -- such a thing would have been an impossibility just months ago. Of course, Eris was greatly overestimating her own ability to hunt and bring down prey -- if push came to shove and she found herself without a provider once again, she would likely grow just as stick-thin as she had on her journey northward from Eterne.

“I didn't know she was a healer,” the hybrid responded, surprised by this. “To be honest, I don't know her well at all,” the hybrid confessed, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. “But I suppose that's a good thing -- she leaves us alone and she isn't the overbearing leader type,” the hybrid mused, tilting her head thoughtfully. She hadn't experienced a truly controlling leadership, of course, but Naniko seemed to be the most laid-back and easy-going of any leaders she'd lived under. Gabriel was not so involved in the clan's business, but Eris simply could not bring herself to look upon Inferni in a positive light.

The half-breed slowed her pace in accordance with her partner, her yellow-green eyes peering around the smashed storefronts and debris in search of... something, anything. She was not such a good scavenger, and she was not in great need of anything in particular. It was something like hunting, though -- the patience, ambling through the ruins in search of that one perfect target. They seemed to be edging toward the waterfront, and the faint scent of salt and water entered her nose. Gulls and other seabirds vociferated their lonely cries, and they seemed to echo through the emptiness of the city. “They built so much,” she said quietly, shaking her head as she marveled at the increasingly tall buildings surrounding them.

<style>
.eris-selfcontrol {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B8z1q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-selfcontrol .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline em { letter-spacing:1.5px; word-spacing:-.5px;}
.eris-selfcontrol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:5px 15px;}
.eris-selfcontrol b { letter-spacing:.05em;}
.eris-selfcontrol u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread