and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]

Word Count » 363 ♥ I assumed, rather than making for an awkward "omgz leaving now" type of dialogue, that they would keep walking together for a bit and separate naturally after that? ^^ If you need or would like me to edit, please yemme know, no biggieee. Whenever you've read, as well, you can go and request for this to be archived up <3

We should thread again soooon. Eris would try to recruit Axelle to Salsola! XD Would be funnier if she's already headed over to Anathema at that point. :3 I also figured a "fade out" so to speak would work better than just Eris running off, so... >_> Can just assume they kept babbling about people and how jerky they were, and then went their separate ways. <3 /LONGEST OOC MESSAGE EVAR

my road to hell is surely paved

Eris did not know a terrible lot about these humans -- she had never found herself particularly intrigued by them. They had this world at their every behest; they had bent mother nature to their will and desire, shaping the planet to their needs. The humans had destroyed that power, however -- perhaps that was even the cause of their downfall -- and Eris could only pity them for that. Eterne had been indifferent to humanity and most of their baubles; while they were steadily and slowly adapting to pilfered human technologies, they were slow in the process, and most of "their" innovation had, in fact, been imported from Europe through Barbados anyway.

The hybrid thought there was nothing fungible about Luperci and humans; she did not think the humans would survive in this new world of the Luperci, and she did not think Luperci would have survived in the old, dead world. These ruins were so far and dsitant from all that she knew; there was no wilderness, there were few prey animals that she could see or smell. It was as if the humans had opened up a scar on the earth, building a scab of concrete and metal and structure over the very flesh of the earth. Like all wounds, however, Eris herself could see the signs of recovery around her, the wild and green plants sprouting through cracks in the asphalt, clinging to the sides of buildings as they sought to one day overtake them completely.

“No, they weren't,” she agreed, suddenly feeling quite small in comparison to these impossibly tall buildings. Chartreuse eyes slowly moved away from the skyscrapers, as if she were forcing herself to look away. In truth, she was -- though the buildings were not quite sky-scrapers, they may as well have been to Eris. Impossibly tall, impossibly large, impossibly overbearing. “Luckily, they were,” she said, emphasizing the past tense with a smile that was not altogether free of cruelty. Eris felt no pity for these creatures; it was their end that brought about this new era, the age of Luperci. Were it not for humanity's extinction, such things may not have happened at all.

<style>
.eris-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread