Can I Ask About the Past?
[html]

Make sure in the future that you ask before starting private threads with people, okay?

He had been standing outside the barn, single hand on his hip, glaring up at the debris. He did that sometimes, often several times a day, as if his glare would will the barn into shaping itself back together. The brute had told his members that repairs would not ensue until spring when the most of them could handle the work and the brunt of the cold weather had passed, but having to pass the collapsed barn and roofless ranch house was a stressor to the male each time he passed them. To say the least, as he glared at the debris, he envisioned all the work it would take to eventually rebuild, and would thus get lost in his thoughts as to how they would ever actually manage it.

An ear perked at a voice, and the scarred man coolly glanced over his shoulder, raising his brows wearily at Ookami's approach and question. "Hey," he said, turning back to the barn as the Senex questioned on. The history of Phoenix Valley? Well, that was a mouthful.

He thinned his eye, considering the question a moment, then started where he thought it most appropriate. "The Valley was founded about three months before I got here. Its three leaders were all women, and they shared the highest leadership role, broken into different duties. Hel was the warrior and lead guardian; Deuce was the medic; and my mentor Iskata took care of everything else. When she got attacked and incapacitated that winter, she moved me up to take her position then."

A pause. What next? "Deuce left not too long after that, but that was because she hated knowing there was a half-coyote in the leadership ranks. Hel was far gone by then, so basically the Valley leadership didn't even last six months before everything ended up in my hands. A friend of mine and Iskata's son, DaVinci, helped me lead a while into the summer, but by fall he pissed off Gabriel so badly in Inferni that our packs weren't on very good terms for a while. Not that we had ever gotten along at all before that. Around this time Geneva came to us from Crimson Dreams, and I moved into the ranch house."

He began pushing and pulling at beams and splintered wood in the debris with his arm, but when he pulled up a beam to find a crushed horse skull underneath, he dropped it again quickly with a ghastly expression before Ookami could see. "We've had some personal member issues since then, but after Geneva moved up to help me out, not much pack-wise has really happened since the snowstorm and various other things."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread