Can I Ask About the Past?
[html]

An ear perked at Ookami's rather modest reflection on his place as a Valley member. Had he been thanked to stay before? Probably, at some point or another, but never in a way that it had stood out to him. On the other hand, he'd expressed a similar gratitude to Iskata Sadira once upon a time, though at that time Jefferson had not planned to stay. He had never foreseen himself as a member, nor eventually her successor, someday. He'd never expected to be on the other side of that feeble thank-you.

Ookami spoke earnestly, though, and the cyclops could appreciate it. "Sure," he said quietly, unsure of how to take such gratitude. Jefferson simply allowed him to stay there and watched over the pack; it was Ookami who had decided it was his home.

It took considerable effort not to harden completely at the mention of Lucifer. Jefferson clearly tensed up, but with a deep breath he released that tension back to the air, allowing his shoulders to sink. "He and I go back," the cyclops sighed, raising his scarred fingers to rub at his weary eyes. "I have a feeling the reason he's been tormenting us here is more to piss me off than to upset his son."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread