Can I Ask About the Past?
wordcount- 343. +3

Ookami was looking around when Jefferson spoke again. Immediately his head snapped back to Jefferson. He said that it was Ookami's duty to guard the borders and that Jefferson trusted him. He said to not go alone though. Jefferson trusted him. He smiled, he was glad that the leader of his pack trusted Ookami. Sure he had never done anything for the Patriarch to not trust him. Still, the thought made him happy. His face went serious, "I will protect this land with my life Jefferson. As I am sure you would too." Ookami couldn't even begin to think of not protecting Phoenix Valley. It was a thought that you would not catch floating through his mind. Phoenix Valley meant everything to him, the land and its members. If he let any of that go then Ookami just wouldn't be able to live.

Ookami had been going through life, believing that his only purpose in life was to be made fun of until he found Phoenix Valley. Now he knew. Now he knew that his purpose in life was to serve for Phoenix Valley. He would give up his life protecting this place and he would never leave it. Ookami grinned again at Jefferson, "It is truly amazing here Jefferson. You make a brilliant leader and I can't imagine following any other male except you." Ookami hoped that Jefferson didn't think that he was trying to suck up to him. Ookami just felt that those words weren't spoken enough to him. He knew that the members here at Phoenix Valley respected Jefferson but he didn't know if they ever told him what a great leader he was. Plus getting a compliment was something that everyone liked.

He clarified his compliment to male because Geneva had been a leader too. And he gladly followed her instructions. If he said that he couldn't imagine following any other leader then he thought Jefferson would see it as he was overlooking Geneva and he didn't want to do that because Geneva made a brilliant leader as well.

Messages In This Thread