Can I Ask About the Past?
[html]

For the members of the Valley to find faith in him, the cyclops found near-impossible. Ookami made evidence of it, and at the boy's words Jefferson turned a clouded, puzzled gaze to him. Jefferson had been the pack's titan and guardian for the years he had ruled, but was a monster both internally and externally. Ookami did not know the sins his leader had committed, did not know the lives he had ruined or taken altogether. What if the Senex met Gael, or Heath or Miriette? Would he lose his respect, leave the pack?

The leader didn't dare mention it.

"Don't speak too soon, Ookami," the one-eyed brute sighed, turning away. "I've done things I'm not proud of. I lead this pack ... as a placeholder, maybe. Someone like me should never have been given power."

Starting back towards the ranch in a slow, sluggish gait, he waved his arm over his shoulder. "You should get back to your duties. Storytime's over."

<style>
.undonejeffooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.undonejeff p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.undonejeff b {color:#EADFCB; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.undonejeff {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#696157; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:422px;}
.undonejeffinner{background-color:#BFB6A5; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... onetab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #2D2622; width:422px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread