not so easy to forgive, harder to forget
[html]

Shooore!

He was a bit apprehensive to imagine his daughters within the same borders as the violent, dark-furred Anathema member he had scuffled with before. But he would have to allow himself to trust that Naniko would allow no harm to come to them, should they one day join her here. Her previous flighty behavior almost made him question her claims of stability, but Ehno had to consider that she seemed at her best while at the head of a pack. Perhaps it gave her purpose here, which she did not have while living in the Valley. Perhaps she really would stay. He nodded. “I will.”

Her offer of sanctuary caught him by surprise, but the show of friendliness did well to relieve Ehno of some more of his tension. “Thank you, Naniko.” He paused, glancing back over his shoulder and staring into the distance as if he could see home from here. The Marino turned back to face her after a moment, amber eyes seeking out her emerald gaze. “I suppose I should probably be on my way. Perhaps I will stop by to visit another time.” It seemed best to him to leave this conversation on the optimistic note it had turned to, rather than unnecessarily dredge up further foul thoughts and topics. There would be other opportunities, should it come to that. For now, he would leave well enough alone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread