A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

oh don't worry about it. Length isn't a concern of mine as long as I'm given something to work with, and you gave me lots! <3

Word Count → 600+

To Layla, Jaden was the strange one. He seemed unused to company, or at least friendly company. Maybe he was a warrior wolf that had appeared in so many of Mutter's bedtime tales? Noble, brave, honorable, yet hardened to the world to best be ready for anything? She couldn't be sure, but she liked to think that the tales that she adored had some truth to them and that those heroic wolves were really out there. Jaden answered her vaguely, saying he wasn't headed nowhere special. Layla doubted it. How could a wolf like him have no mission or goal that needed accomplishing? The real reason she had doubted his answer was because it was too perfect. And 'too perfect' referred to the amazing coincidence. It was too perfect that he had stumbled upon her, was friendly, was headed nowhere, and was perfectly fine with spending time with her. Then again, why would he have to tell her?

Jaden's warm laugh raised her lonely spirits. How long had it been since that sound had graced her ears? "Well, I'm not bored, so you must be embellishing," Layla said through a smirk. Layla didn't even believe that 'boring' was possible for a wolf to achieve. "Any entertainment would be a much welcomed relief from the lonely quiet, but a walk would do wonderfully, and no need to worry, I won't lead you into a trap," she said playfully, blinking innocently. Jaden started walking down the path Layla had been travelling and she padded after him.

The male's next statement surprised her and it took her a moment to realize he was teasing. When she did, she giggled and blushed softly for a moment. "Um, stare?" Layla laughed and her tail wagged, mindlessly brushing Jaden. "Oh, the cloth conceals a weapon alright," she joked. Back home, she was known as the smart ass of the litter. "But seriously, is clothing uncommon here?" Layla had stopped laughing when she asked, sporting her most serious face. With the subject on her mind, she slowly toyed with the thin rope as they conversed. "Back in Montana, this simple cloth meant a lot. It stood for such things as rank, maturity, and even talents," Layla informed him, though the place she told of was a lie.

Jaden asked her what her purpose her was. The dark male probably thought her soft and belonging in a pack. The only reason why she wanted a pack was for companionship. Her pride told her she didn't need them, she wanted them. She made a dismissive noise and waved her hand. She didn’t mind him prodding. "Well..." Layla paused and her tail stopped swiping from side-to-side. "It's rather simple really. After losing my pack, I travelled looking for a new home. I didn't like the other packs I stumbled upon. They thought just because they said 'jump' I would just join up like a mindless dog," she said, ending with a brief sound of disgust and annoyance.

"Just because I'm a fae does not mean I should kneel for the men folk - no offense," she quickly explained. "The wolves here are nice, as far as I've seen. I just want to know of all the packs before I choose. I don't want to rush into a pack when there's another so close by that would be better for me, you know? I heard of the... Inferni? The coyote one? They've already been marked off the list," she said flatly. She didn't travel this far for wolves to settle for coyotes. "Do you have any suggestions for me?" Jaden looked like he had been around more than she. He could possibly offer her valuable information. "And how about you? Why are you a loner?" she paused. "If you don't mind me asking," she mimicked.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread