A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

Word Count-600+

Walking with the other Optime was just as interesting as speaking with her. As they started up an idol conversation, Jaden absentmindedly took notes on her body language. The lively bounce she had in her strides. Her high-held tail and attentive gaze. All of it pointed to a wolf who’d been used to leading, or at least being respected. He guessed she had been born to alphas of her former pack, much like he had been, though he hopped dearly there were no similarities between their packs past that.

Layla’s words were kind when she answered his beginning question. She reassured him he was somewhat interesting and that his company was enjoyed. He did not find himself boring per say, but the Alaskan hated being flamboyant and instead chose to be humble when speaking about himself. Catching her comment about the only quiet, Jaden got a hint as to why she was eager to talk. Thoughts of loneliness crossed his mind as they continued to talk, but the man quickly dispatched them. Such thoughts might affect him more then he’d like.

The mood still held high despite such thoughts, and Layla’s somewhat pretty voice continued to usher forth, assuring him of the dangerous weapon she held under her dainty clothing, making him laugh once more before she spoke a more serious question. “I’ve traveled here from Alaska and seen few occasions where canines dawn such clothing, but I have seen it. Around here, I’ve met a few people from different packs but not a single one wore anything that wasn’t necessary for whatever they were doing. But, if you clothing means something more to you, I’d consider keeping it. It adds a bit of mystery anyway…” He said and grinned at her.

The way Layla explained her presence in the territory made Jaden smile. She had a free spirit and told of what packs she had visited expected of her because she was female. She was in search of a pack and that assured Jaden of what kind of person she was. Kind hearted and not used to being alone, but not willing to compromise until she got what she wanted. Fine characteristics for a fine wolf. Her mention of the coyote clan Jaden had no name for until now put a grimace on his face. “I doubt they would accept you into their pack. To damn cowardly, those coyotes, a wolf like you would probably send them whining back to their dens.” Jaden put the same emphasis on coyotes Layla had on dogs. “If I were to join one of the packs,” the man paused as if thinking about it. “It would be Dahlia de Mia. I owe their Alpha my life. He is kind and I would gladly follow his lead. I have met or heard of at least one coward or criminal in almost all of the other packs, so they would be my suggestion.”

The next question caught Jaden completely off guard. He was quiet for a second as his mind suddenly pushed back to Uva Atka and pondered his former life. Without knowing it, Layla had trampled right on the very memories Jaden wished he could never remember. His silence was growing in length as he searched for what to say. He did not want to tell her of his murderous brother who had killed his sister, daughter, and mate. He didn’t want to tell anyone what he used to do. What he used to be. How many people just like her he had killed simply because they didn’t adhere to his former beliefs? It hurt to think about. So he looked away from her and weakly answered, “I lost my pack and have been wandering.” Finding his strength again, he tried to recover his former charisma and asked her another question, almost completely forgetting about her mention of Montana. “You said you lost you pack too right? I’m sorry to hear that. Where did you used to live?”

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread