A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

Thanks for being so patient! <3

Word Count → 400+

Layla knew that she and Jaden were nowhere close to being friends, though she believed they would become so. She just didn't know what else to offer the male for his sorrows. And even if her motion of kindness did not comfort him, she felt like they were just that much closer. It may not have even been by much, but every little amount was important. The female had a good intuition and she could tell that Jaden would make a good friend.

"Yeah, that was my issue with them too. I've also heard that when they do attack, they attack with their buddies," Layla added. Jaden continued, telling briefly of his recent run-in with a coyote. A Cercatori d'Arte member who was rude and then turned into a wimp. Sounded like a fight broke out between the two to her. She just wondered why the coyote wasn’t in Inferni where he belonged. Jaden left his sentence unfinished, dangling her on tenterhooks while he thought.

He summed up the other packs in a few sentences. From the sounds of it there was nothing wrong with Cour des Miracles except someone wanted him dead, or Phoenix Valley or Crimson Dreams. "Why does someone want Cour des Miracle's Alpha dead? What did he do?" Layla asked curiously. She was a femme that loved gossip. To know gossip was better than going in blind. Plus, it made for an interesting conversation.

Layla listened to Jaden's reaction to her falsehood as she looked at the ground. It seemed like she had convinced him, though who really expects someone to lie about their family like that? "Yeah, it's just so much more painful to relive it day after day than it was to lament one night a member and move on. I believe it's been a month; I was never good at keeping track of time. I don't even know what day of the week it is," she laughed awkwardly.

"Well, I say Helena to give an approximation where we were. My pack rules... ruled just outside of the city. There were a lot of ruinous farm houses and ranching stalls. But I could still show you around. I often visited Helena with my siblings. We weren't supposed to, but since when do pups heed anything?" Layla shook her head, sporting a small smile as she remembered her own siblings and the adventures they had. "I could lead you through any city. Once you learn, it's actually quite simple, I assure you." The cheerful glint in the female's blue eyes had returned as she smiled widely at Jaden.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread