A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

Good writing is worth the wait <3 =) WotD +1 (Balderdash) Word Count-600+

Layla’s admittance to having problems similar to his gave Jaden a sense that the two shared a lot. More in their past and the way they view people maybe then the way they would approach seatrain situations. She was much more openly kind hearted then the male thought himself to be. But he had only just gotten to know her, so he put slightly less credit into his assumptions for that reason. “Well, Layla, if you have any problems with coyotes,” He smiled despite himself, “I’d gladly help. You look like you could handle one by yourself but they don’t often attack alone, Like you said.” His offer was full hearted. Jaden couldn’t think of any reason someone would have a problem with such a nice female, coyote or otherwise.

The assassination of Cour des Miracles Alpha, felt like a very odd topic for her to pick out of what he had said. The assassin had tried to say it quickly and make it sound normal, but thinking it over made him realize just how un-normal killing must seem to normal people. It had always been a part of Jaden’s life. For Layla, the prospect of someone having a price on their head must have sounded intriguing. He mentally kicked himself for saying anything about it. “Actually, I’m not sure. I never met the guy, so there is probably nothing really wrong with him.” Jaden lied coolly, with a smile and no thought of the fact that Vigilante Haskel might actually be innocent. “I’m sorry I gave such a narrow minded view of the packs around here. It’s just that I given much thought their integrity.” He said trying to move off the topic quickly.

“I was never good at time tracking either. If every day is the same, why give each one a different name? As long as you know what season it is, you should be fine,” He answered after she mentioned her family again. When she of them them, she looked away. The man would have not noticed her normal movement regularly and wondered why it had been so apparent. It made sense though. Sadness never really fades at the loss of your loved ones, even if you move on.

Jaden continued to wonder why her movement had seemed so blatant until her eyes met his again. He smiled, it was her look. He enjoyed her bright blue eye color very much. When they had suddenly left his vision, the beauty they held had been suddenly cut away. “I would like that. With your help, I might not get lost and wander around all day.” He returned her bright smile as he watched her eyes for a moment longer.

A second or two later, his mind was distracted when he felt his stomach rumble. Hunger pangs seemed to suddenly cramp up his belly. The Optime stretched his torso a little to ease the pain. “Ooo, I’m hungry.” He admitted with an awkward smile of his own. There was almost no way she had missed his stomachs angry grumbles. The balderdash him and Layla were sharing had stolen his mind completely until now. “I’ll have to hunt later.” He said thinking about food. Mouth watering, he imagined some tender elk roasting over a fire with just a little sage played across the juicy meat. “Out of curiosity, do you prefer deer, or elk? I like to cook when the mood strikes, but cooking is no fun unless you cook for someone else. Maybe I could make you dinner sometime? It doesn’t seem like fair repayment for leading me around a city, but I’d feel less like I’d taken advantage of a pretty wolf if we made some sort of a trade…”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread