A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

Thanks for being so patient! <3

Word Count → 600+

Jaden's assumptions were right on the mark, if any of her lies about her past were as true as Layla wished. Layla couldn't really see herself getting in a fight with a coyote, though if she did, she would be certain to not lose. Though Jaden seemed to be itching for an excuse. Indeed if she got ambushed by a pack of coyotes, she'd let him lend a helping paw. He might even smack 'em harder for causing trouble for a lone and pretty much harmless femme. Males were like that. Or well, her brother Axel sure had been and whenever she thinks of males as a whole, she gives them his attributes. "You'll be the first name I call out for help," Layla said with a wide smile. "Though after seeing two wolves on the same side might make them flee," she said, chuckling as she continued the coyote joke.

Layla narrowed her blue eyes at Jaden. Something didn't seem right. Gossip always had reasoning. One doesn't need to meet the guy to know why there was a price on his head when it came to secondhand knowledge. Unless... "Wait... do you mean to tell me... are you the...?" Layla spoke with no clarity, still piecing things together in her mind. "You know what, I don't wanna know. If you want or need to tell someone, then fine. Else wise, I don't think I should know," Layla said. If her suspicion was right, she was dealing with a dangerous wolf. This inspired much internal debate.

It would mean that Jaden is the normal "bad guy" from her fairy tales, unless the king was evil, but Jaden couldn't point any bad out. He didn't seem like the bad guy. How interesting this was and the black and white life around her was turning gray. It would be best she didn't know. He wouldn't be inspired to end her own life as a precaution from her tattling. Layla wasn't a tattletale, but she didn't know how well she could just let a possibly kind alpha be murdered because someone with a grudge paid for an assassin. Lord, this was too much to even think about. Time to change the subject.

"Oh yeah, don't worry about it. I like hearing different people’s sides. I mean I like gossip," she said. "I'm still not sure which to go with. Or with any at all. Maybe I'll just join a band together. Not like a pack, but a small band of loners. I don't know," Layla laughed lightly, thinking she had put forth a ridiculous idea. Oh well, it was out there now. "I know what you mean about time. I don't understand it, I don’t even know who does. I think we just accept it." Layla met Jaden's eyes again. She only saw kindness there for her. Even if he was an assassin and she knew it, he wouldn't hurt her would he? Layla searched his features but didn't find anything threatening. At the most he might tie her up, which wouldn't be so bad, she reasoned.

"I'd be glad to help you," Layla said. Jaden mentioned his hunger; Layla had yet to rid hers. Upon close inspection, the tips of her hips poked out. If felt, there would be nothing but white fur and a thin layer of skin between the touch and her hip bone. "I'm not a very good huntress. In fact I'm horrible. Elk is grand but deer is fair. A meal sounds like more payment than my service would be worth," she laughed lightly, but her maw watered nonetheless. There was only one avenue of "taking advantage" that Layla would particularly mind. She wasn't a submissive wolf but she did let lesser issues just roll off her back.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread