A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

=) Words-700+

The idea of Layla calling for Jaden’s help in a battle was slightly entertaining for the trained killer. He wondered how she would hold up in a fight. Charisma was always a good attribute to possess, but it didn’t help to have a silver tongue when you opponent has a silvery weapon or trained claws. He didn’t answer but smiled at her kindly and nodded. He hopped he was around if she ever did need his help.

Then his mood changed. Layla’s lovely voice and kind words suddenly seemed to trip over her realization. The two optime stopped as she looked at him with almost painful questioning in her light blue eyes. All the expression, good and bad, left Jaden’s features as his mind retreated inwardly to deal with the situation. In only a few seconds more than a few thoughts and emotions burst though Jaden’s mind. The thought, She shouldn’t have said that. came first. Layla was quite the talker, which was clear because she had gotten Jaden speaking more than anyone in a long time, but it was bad for her now. Having realized the person you are talking to is a killer, the smartest thing to do would be to quickly vacate the area, not ask him if he was. Dark blue eyes, though their outward expression held nothing still, coldly looked her up and down. The trained part of him was looking at her as a target now, noting her build and stance. He hadn’t looked at her this closely before and quickly realize she was very slim and that he could easily over power the female and force her to the ground. There, his cold dagger would find no resistance against her soft, white fur. An easy lose end tied with almost no struggle. But the image of Layla’s fur wet with crimson stung him. He really liked her. Why should she die because I said too much? Was what he thought in the second moment of his pause. She was so nice and seemed so innocent. It would be a cruel and cold hearted move to attack or even threaten her after she was so pleasant to him. He didn’t want to end their meeting sourly just because of an unsure accusation.

Jaden quickly made up his mind on how to act and his features unfroze only seconds after they had taken their blank quality. His jaw fell open and his eyes wandered a little feigning disbelief and hurt. “Me…?” He let the question hang in the air for added effect. “A killer?” Then he smiled what he wanted to look like a painful or uncomfortable smile. “Layla, you think too much of me. I assure you the weapons I carry are only for hunting.” He gave her an honest look, lying like a trained liar does. It might not be hard for someone to believe a dagger and a bow were simple hunting weapons or tools but if she saw the custom made bladed gauntlets in the man’s leather satchel, he would have some more explaining to do. Luckily those were out of sight. “What have you seen in me that marks me as a murderer? I have a dislike for coyotes, yes, but I promise: I have never taken the life from another canine.”

The liar hoped his charade went over well and was very glad when Lalya willingly changed the subject. She spoke of time as an unknown for her as well then she said something about putting together a small group of loners. “Not a pack” she said, but what else would it be called? Jaden owed Conor, the leader of Dahlia de Mia, his life, but if he wanted nothing of Jaden, the thought of being part of a pack lead by Lalya didn’t sound half bad. “I might join such a group.” He said sounding timid, “So long as you could trust me…” He wanted her to let go of the notion he was a killer very badly, for her own protection.

Jaden had said he would hunt later, but it had been more of idle chatter then an actual plan. When she too admitted that she was a poor huntress, he kept his eyes from wandering over her body again, remembering her rather slim appearance from his last observation. “I’m sure you’re not that terrible,” He said letting his voice gain some of its lost warmness and his dark blue met her pretty lighter shaded eyes. “But I haven’t hunted with anyone in quite a long time. I doubt you know how to use a bow, so we would probably have to use our lower forms…? If you are hungry we can hunt; there really nothing else to do, besides walk, I suppose.”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread