A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

It is more than two months old now XD if you’d like, I can write an OOC ending, but either way is cool with me. Words-500+

Willingly, Jaden let the conversation slip away from concentration on him. Hopefully Layla had truly let go of her accusation and wouldn’t bring it up again. When she offered a hug and a formal apology, he smiled. She wouldn’t hug a killer now would she? “If you really want to, but I could just take your word.” He said with a shrug and a grin.

Jaden looked around at the trees of Arachnea's Revenge where the wolf and the wolf lookalike. They had gotten fairly dense and hid most of everything from view. The sky was nearly unseen, the smaller creatures camouflaged, and the air still. The Assassin listened for little rodents and imagined Layla chasing after some of the rabbits he too saw and hunted occasionally. The tone she carried her admittance in showed that she felt some shame in also having to steal pray from others. It made her seem a little venerable. That show made Jaden wonder, as he did sometimes, how things would go if he were not as kind worded. What would Layla do if the male suddenly decided to be a complete prick? He could tease her about being a wolf who couldn’t hunt. He could make comments about how skinny and unattractive she appeared (which was untrue. He had only just noticed her state.) What would she do? Idol thoughts these were though. Jaden wondered about this but was not the kind of canine to hurt other wolves for mere amusement. Because she could admit faults like this to him meant she held some trust that he was not a wolf to attack her for it. He realized this and felt inclined to assure her he thought no less of the pretty feme for something so trivial. “Hehe, you must really be a city girl. But, we do what we have to right?”

As he finished his assurance Jaden pulled the satchel from his back, undid his shoulder strap with his dagger and quiver on it, and packed each piece of leather he wore delicately into it. Straps on the outside held his bow and what arrows he had then set it aside. The change came easily. Shifting and realignment of bones never felt normal, but all of the little quivers, snaps, and pops were expected. Jaden let himself fall forward on his outstretched front paws as his fur grew thicker and his flanks and shoulders bulked up a bit. His back legs shortened and he finally stood level and steady on four paws only moments later. Layla was giving him an expectant look and he sighed. It had been a while since he had actually been on for legs. “Alright, let’s hunt.” Jaden slipped his nose into the leather satchel’s noose like lupus strap and flipped it up and over his head so it lay flat on his back. “We’ll start with the basics and you can stop me if you know.” He put his nose to the forest floor and inhaled the scents that hid under the brush. “Do you know how to track?”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

QUOTE (ooc ending)
He teaches her the basics, good thing she's a fast learner, and they catch a baby deer. After eating, it gets late and they say their farewells. Layla mentions where she normally stays, if he'd ever like to see her again... [/quote]

Messages In This Thread