there is love in your body
[html]

Word Count → 376

Don't worry. I don't care about length or if you think it's crap. Smile Most of mine are short pieces of crap anyways, too, to me. xD

"A Lykoi, perhaps. Talitha Lykoi." she introduced vaguely.

Sage gave a smile and a nod, trying not to wince at the strong scent of liquor on her breath. Maybe it'd be best to deal with this woman when she was sober, Sage thought. It was really too late, though; she'd already begun the conversation, and Sage wasn't one to be rude, anyways. She cleared her throat and piped up, setting her sketchbook and pencil down and taking another hit from the joint before replying.

"Well, nice to meet you, Talitha. It seems we are related. Not really surprising here, though, is it?" she added with a cheerful tone. A finger lifted to tap the ash from her joint before she puffed on it again. Then, with a blink of realization, she held it out to the russet lady. "Like to smoke, love?" she offered, trying again to be as pleasant as possible. Sage was familiar with the unmanageable waves of rage that often came with heavy drinking. She sure didn't want to be caught in the midst of one of those moments.

"I choose not to see others. If my father has taught me anything, it's how to be a ghost." Talitha said.

With eyebrows raised slightly, Sage nodded again, eyes half-lidded. "At least your father taught you something," Sage mused quietly. Her father hadn't been around in her life for long, and though she desperately tried to find him, he had been too good at hiding. If a father did not want to see his daughter, then why should she continue to try? She had, though, and probably still would. "Do I know him?" she asked, wondering if her father still lived here.

"Sage River. Strange name. My own lies. Ezekiel was the lucky one." Talitha spoke of names, and Sage's features twisted in vague confusion.

"Talitha? How does it lie?" she wondered, "I think it's a fitting name for you; it's very pretty." The happy, easy smile was on her face again, unable to keep away the honest comments that she so easily bestowed upon her acquaintances. The lady was beautiful, as was her name. Sage knew that probably wasn't what Talitha had meant; she was more likely talking of the name's meaning, it's origin. But Sage knew little about this, and so went with what she did know; how it sounded, how it rolled off the tongue. She didn't think hers lied, nor did she think Talitha's did.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread