the death of my vanglorious children
[html]

Word Count → 591

ONe or two people that are close to her that are members of the pack. She's wakin' up, y'all! Sky locked all the doors, so she's pretty much trapped...

When she was young, Valinta's tutor had been beaten by members of a rival pack. She had been found unconscious in the snow, near death. When she had woken up, months later, the child had asked her what it was like to be asleep so long. "It is like pure nothingness." her tutor had responded, a far away look in her eyes. "It was like I was dead, only I was alive. And I wanted to die. But.. No matter what I did, I couldn't." Her eyes snapped back to the child, and fire returned to those eyes the child loved. "Let us return to your teachings, Princess."

Her tutor hadn't lied. Yet she had. It was as though the female had died. There was nothing, but then she lived it all again. The attack, falling into the snow, feeling the pup's soft body beneath her. The sensations of it all were so realistic that had she not been in a coma, the woman would have started to cry. There was fear there, in that room. Fear strong and not wavering, the stench increasing and decreasing in waves. It let them all know she was still alive.

Barely. Valinta couldn't see, she couldn't hear, she couldn't do a thing. Not a single damned thing. She could breathe, yes. But that was all. Yet such a seemingly inconsequential act was so important to her now. At one point, she had to struggle. Stretched out where ever she was, the female had to fight for her next breath. And she fought visciously, as only someone dying can.

The breath was hers, each one a hard-fought victory. And now, in celebration of all those victories, her mind and body worked together to create another victory, one all the more worthwhile.

Her eyelids fluttered. No more movement. Her mind snarled and sent a bolt of adrenaline through her body. The eyes opened and slid shut. A hand twitched slightly. The Russian woman's maw opened and released a weak, hoarse groan. All the sound she could make. Pulsating wildly, her heart surged the blood that was going slowly, forcing it to move quickly.

Yellow eyes snapped open and the woman gasped. It was her new birth. She had spent time in her mind's womb, growing, changing, and finally... She was. She was alive again, she had taken her first breath of life. Valinta's arm reached blindly for something to grab onto, and a cup fell from a table next to her with thunk and rolled away. Clutching that small table, the black-furred female forced herself up until...

She fell. Her knees giving out, the woman fell forward onto the ground, emitting a soft cry of distress, her voice hoarse from disuse. Crawling, inching her way forward, she leaned against the door and tried the knob. It was locked. Had the woman been locked in a room, awaiting her death? In her weak, fragile state, Valinta couldn't think, she didn't know if she had been left to die or protected. She only wanted out.

Weakly tapping against the door, she leaned and panted, out of breath. The exertion was too much for the panicked woman. She smelt her own fear, congealing heavily, stronger now that she was awake. Where was she? Why was she there? Valinta couldn't remember... Couldn't remember at all...

"Help...." she whispered softly, her voice a weak, single thread amongst a million different ones. "Help me..." She panted and leaned her head against the door, not able to work up the energy to cry.

<style>
.kfree-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/km8Cx.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread