the death of my vanglorious children
[html]

Sky sadfaces. ;-;

Sky knelt down beside the bed, one hand resting on her friend's foot, the other helping to hold herself up. She hated seeing Valinta like this, hated it so much, but at least she was awake, and at least she was moving, sitting up and talking. That was as much as anyone could ask for at this point. "Not long, Val. A week at most. That damned beast attacked you, but Shawchert's taken care of it. Everything's safe now." At least, Sky hoped so. Her mate hadn't said too much about the final battle they'd had, just that Argul wouldn't be causing any more trouble.

"I've been waitin' for you to wake up. Orin and the girls are still missin', but I'm gonna go look for them as soon as I trust you'll be okay." Then came the hard part. She bit her lip some, and shifted to sit up on the bed also, reaching over and taking one of her friend's hands. She had to know. "...there's... something else, too."

"We... We found a pup. A little girl. She had your scent on her, Val." Sky's ears were pinned back. She'd never tell Valinta what condition they'd found the little orphan in, simply because it would be far too harsh a blow for her. No, all she had to know was that the pup she'd probably found was dead. "Argul got to her. When Shawchert found you, there was nothing either of us could do."

There was a sadness in Sky's voice that didn't belong. Even during her own depression after the death of her sons, she'd never sounded so... hurt. The death of not one, but two innocent puppies had been a huge shock to her, and now that the final piece of the puzzle was fixed (save for Orin, who she'd yet to find) Sky felt as if she couldn't hold back anymore. Her emotions were getting to her.

She wouldn't cry though. This was Valinta's time for crying, not hers. She had to be the strong one, the one who made sure everyone was alright. She had to put the rest of the pack ahead of her now. She was their medic in training, and there was nothing she could do about herself until her job was good and done. "...I'm sorry."

<style>
.sky-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sky-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sky-d04 b {color:#091F2C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sky-d04 {background-color:#6DA2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skytab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#20333E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
.sky-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread