The peace of recovery.
OOC: Sounds good, you start it instead of posting next and I'll link to it here.

Layla was trying to hold back the eagerness she felt. To be in packlands again, even if she wasn't a member, would be the closest she would have been to a pack since she deserted hers. Leonard cleared his throat and spoke the words she wanted to hear. A wide excited smile ripped from her muzzle. "Awesome! I promise I'll be on my best behavior," she said almost sarcastically. She would have wondered to herself if what the male had said about Rabbit Lake was true, except she was too excited now. It was all she could do to not bound away.

Then she had to recite her lie, which dampened her thrilled mood. Yet, she had tricked another wolf into believing her story. "Living every day depressed over what happened hurts more than accepting and looking to a brighter future," she explained, placing a delicate hand on his undamaged shoulder. It was obvious that something a lot worse than he had lead on had happened to his family. "Plus, we all meet up in the end, don't we?" she asked, tilting her skull and softening her gaze.

Layla sighed and offered Leonard a reassuring smile before letting her hand slide from his shoulder. After a moment, the male smiled and asked if she wanted to visit the beach today. A confused, open mouth look overcame her. Shaking it off, she replied, "Of course, silly. Just lead the way!" Layla's tail had resumed it's normal happy height and swung merrily as she grinned at him.

[EDIT:// Continued HERE.]

Messages In This Thread