[P] Too Much to Ask For?
[html]

OOC: Nice table!
WC: 306

Deirdre's excitement almost made Slade nervous. He didn't want to disappoint her. How long would it take to get there? Fast enough? Were there really going to be enough fish? He had to shove the thoughts aside for a moment as she revealed more of her past. It was impressive that she had taught herself to hunt and had the patience to do so; when he had been younger and tried to catch his first squirrel, he had failed, becoming impatient when it moved and starting to chase after it. Fortunately he had learned not to be nearly so hasty, but he wondered if he would really be able to just stand in the water for a long time.

She asked him how long he thought it would take to get there, and Slade froze. He considered saying that it 'wasn't too far away'; it was probably a lie, and somehow he couldn't bring himself to say that to her. Instead he went for the more honest route. "I've never actually been there before," he admitted, "just nearby. But I've heard that it's there, and huge bodies of water don't just grow legs and walk away with all the fish." He gave a small nod in the direction he had pointed to before, glanced at her, and started walking.

He didn't want to look uncertain for some reason, so he quickly tried to change the subject, deciding to try to make Deirdre talk a bit more. "So... if you don't mind me asking, why did you want to go to Mosquitobite Valley again?" He knew he was getting the name wrong, but he didn't quite remember what she had said the last time they had met. That already felt like such a long time ago. Again he was thankful that she had decided to stick around.

<style type="text/css">
.slade-bay b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7f90; letter-spacing:1px; }
.slade-bay .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#af7f90; }
.slade-bay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.slade-bay {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6f4166; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xcaly.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: veranda, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d1d35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread