[P] Too Much to Ask For?
[html]

WC: 365

Slade had been completely joking about the bodies of water growing legs, and when Deirdre seemed to take it seriously he hoped that he didn't look like a complete idiot for suggesting it. He listened in complete silence as she went on, revealing that someday she wanted to start her own pack. He found that concept interesting; when he had been a pup, his "mother" Lila had told him that packs were not started of one's own free will, but rather formed over time as a family grew. It was clear that this was not the case at 'Souls, but he couldn't help but wonder how Deirdre intended to start a pack. He didn't doubt that she could.

His mind was taken completely off the subject when Deirdre said that she had once been the mate to an alpha. Somehow that sentence felt like a smack in the face, and he almost stopped walking. If she had been mates with an alpha - an alpha! - what was she doing here? Slade's common sense told him that she had probably lost a lot more than just her birth parents, but he still couldn't bring himself to believe it. Deirdre, mate to an alpha. He couldn't help but mutter, a bit darkly, "So you were partly an alphess." He didn't expect nor want an answer. He wasn't sure if he wanted her to hear.

Once again he wanted to change the subject, but since he was out of ideas he turned back to the topic of her being an alpha, but in a tone as lighthearted as he could manage. "I think you'd make a good leader." He wasn't speaking with absolute certainty; he had only seen Deirdre twice, the second time being that day, but based on what he had seen of her she would probably run a good pack. She didn't seem like the type to easily stress. Dominance was another matter, of course, but he wasn't going to think about the details now. "Besides, I haven't seen that angry or withdrawn side you told me that you had; if you're like this all the time you'd be running the best pack around."

<style type="text/css">
.slade-bay b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7f90; letter-spacing:1px; }
.slade-bay .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#af7f90; }
.slade-bay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.slade-bay {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6f4166; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xcaly.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: veranda, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d1d35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread