[P] Too Much to Ask For?
[html]

WC: 313

Slade listened to her in silence until she was finished, gradually smiling wider. See, Krystalle? Didn't I tell you that there were ways for we lupus kind to turn pages? He was thinking like a smug puppy, but he didn't care. Thanks to Bao, Jaden, and partly his adoptive mother's pack, Slade was really starting to become prejudiced against... prejudice. It was a strange twist on irony, but completely true. He had gotten into an argument and received a scar thanks to the actions of two certain Luperci. Slade was sick of it all, which made his friendship with Deirdre even more appealing.

Deirdre shook him out of his thoughts with a question. Great. She had managed to bring up the topic of heading to the shoreline... again. For the last time, he didn't know. He had never been before. He glanced ahead into the trees; would they ever end? They couldn't be too far now, could they? Shaking his head for a moment, Slade turned his attention back to her. Right, she had asked him to tell her a story. He should have seen that coming when he mentioned that he was a storyteller, but somehow he found it a bit surprising. Only once had he ever been asked to share his imaginary legends with anyone.

"I really don't know how far the shore is," Slade answered honestly, suppressing a slightly exasperated sigh. "I wouldn't think that it's too far now. Still, I've been wanting to tell this story to someone, since I've improved it. It's about... well, it's about the father I never knew." He said this casually enough; he had already told Deirdre that he had no idea who his mother or father were. What he hadn't told her was that he really enjoyed taking this unknown and using it as a base for one of his favorite original characters.

<style type="text/css">
.slade-bay b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7f90; letter-spacing:1px; }
.slade-bay .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#af7f90; }
.slade-bay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.slade-bay {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6f4166; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xcaly.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: veranda, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d1d35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread