[P] Too Much to Ask For?
[html]

OOC: Around Beast's Grin Peninsula, yes?
WC: 369

Slade perked up instantly when Deirdre ran ahead of him. "Pouting? I wasn't pouting," he protested. He wasn't sure if she got a chance to hear before she ran off, however. "If it's a race you want, it's a race you'll get!" he yipped after her, instantly starting to run. It didn't matter that Deirdre was his friend or that she had gotten a head start; he refused to be outrun by a female. Not that he had a problem with females, but with his imagination he had retained some of his puppylike competitiveness with the other gender, and now it was kicking in more than ever.

Coyotes were naturally faster runners than wolves, but thanks to Deirdre's head start Slade found it difficult to catch up to her. At one point he caught a brief glimpse of her face; why were her eyes closed? Didn't she want to see the finish line, the ocean, as she approached it? Maybe she was just trained in the art of running with one's eyes closed. Slade, still refusing to be outdone by a girl, pointed his head straight at the water ahead and tried closing his eyes.

It was fun enough, and it let him really take in the smell of sand and sea salt, scents that he hadn't encountered for a long time. Suddenly his paws touched water, and his paws were soon submerged. When he opened his eyes he got hit with a spray of salty seawater, splashed up from his run.

Holding back a yelp, Slade's sprint slowed to a walk. He turned to look for Deirdre, but it was difficult; he wasn't good at seeing far away on a regular basis, but now his left eye stung with the side effects of sea salt. He was trying to keep it open and failing miserably, and when he finally saw Deirdre his eye was twitching. He tilted his head so his non-twitching eye was facing her, hoping to hide the fact that he had been a moron and splashed water into his own face. "On with the fishing lesson, then?" he asked hopefully.

And maybe by the time it's done, I'll manage to keep my eyes wide open.

<style type="text/css">
.coyoteflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#008080; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coyoteflower .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#333333; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.coyoteflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyoteflower {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... -1-2-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#787878; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread