[P] Too Much to Ask For?
[html]

OOC: And here is my oh so very late reply. Smile / WC:411

She opened her eyes once again to witness Slade race a head of her and rush into the waters. When he was splashed, she did not speak her awareness of it, but only smiled and slowed her pace. When she came to the shore, her run became a walk and when her paws touched the waves that hit against her toes, she stopped and looked down. She smiled at the waves that hit her paws, and then looked up to Slade who cocked his head so that only one side was visibly to her view. She smiled, shook her head and agreed to begin his lesson.

“These waters are different to what I’m use to,” She began trotting into the water. She walked into shallow water, and with her gaze cast toward the water, she continued her speaking. “But I’ll see if I can’t…” She ended her sentence without finishing it as her eyes caught glance of a small school of little fish. Her tail waived softly as she stood her ground.

“The key to fishing is patients.” She began, watching the small school swim past her. “You must also be still and quiet.” She fell silent for a moment as she watched the waters beneath her; she smiled only as she stood amongst the waves as they gently pushed against her legs. “Even if it takes for the moon to rise, you must never move…”

She was not sure how long she stood, but after a time she saw a right sized fish swimming close to her. Her hackles and tail lifted softly up, as she focused her sights upon the fish swimming close to her. It swam nearer, and soon was a jaws length away. With a smirk, and with speed like a striking snake Deirdre dove her head underneath the water and clutched her jaw shut. When she raised her head above the waters, she had caught a good sized fish between her jaws.

It wiggled still with life when she flung it up on the shore, and then turned swiftly back to the sandy ground. She came upon the flapping fish and placed a paw against its wiggling body. She smiled, and glanced toward Slade as her nails dug into the scales of her prey.

“When you catch it, you have to fling the fish to solid ground, or it may hit you in the face or eyes and get away.” She smiled softly, “ok your turn.”

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread