woke up new
[html]

No worries luff. 559

The pure woman settled herself in next to Nayru, and although the two toned woman was largely unaccustomed to the physical contact of others, save a select few, this closeness comforted her in a way she did not realize she needed comforting. Siku was new still in many ways, and yet a bond had already been forged between the two women and surely as they navigated the flood waters now it would only grow stronger. Nayru could sense the concern in Siku's voice, but if Nayru herself felt any she did not show it. Simply she remained a rock, steady and strong and solid, next to the girl who surely felt confused and hurt at Conor's departure, still so fresh in all their minds.

Much to Nayru's relief they turned the conversation from the man himself and to her. It had not escaped anyone how young and inexperienced Nayru was, but the girl was not concerned about that. Perhaps she should have been, Conor himself had been mostly a child when he took the reins, perhaps that had been part of why he had broken so easily. And yet Nayru did not feel the pressure they all imaged she did, as least not as strongly as they all imagined she did. Mostly she did not want to let them down, but as set and stubborn as she was in her ways she knew she would not allow this. Hearing Siku's words of reassurance only strengthened this resolve. If they believed in her she had no choice but to prove them right.

"My greenhouse?" Siku began a new train of thought and Nayru's voice came smoothly, less distant and thoughtful. This was the here and now; these were the issue they had to deal with. They did not have to dwell on insult and injury, but could instead work together towards a better future. Work to make Dahlia de Mai greater than it had been. "Yes. Soon I will begin to gather plants to fill it again. I would greatly appreciate that help, especially if you can identify the plants that would be useful to Saul. " The man had been the one to heal her head wound and this had not gone unnoticed. Sooner or later, sooner hopefully, she would granted him that corank. He deserved it and Dahlia de Mai needed it. "Perhaps even," Nayru turned and smiled then, cheering at this prospect. She was indeed the alpha and that gave her authority she had yet to take advantage of "perhaps we could grant you a corank of your own. We need a Horticulturist I feel. It would be a great help to Saul in his endeavors and to me personally."

Ruby eyes lit up as they caught golden ones, trying to decide how Siku felt about this offer before she verbalized a response. And yet, so excited by the knowledge she could simply fill any need she saw in her pack, she hurried on. "I wish to utilize our farm lands and especially our vineyards. We can make wine again, for ourselves and to trade with the others packs. I need someone who understands plants. You seemed to have a good grasp already, Siku." And there she stopped, unwilling to discuss it any further until she had some inkling of the older woman's feelings on the ideas.

<style type="text/css">
.nay b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nay .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:290px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8d1820; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/nayr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread