Here Comes the Rain
[html]

Thanks for understanding, but sorry it took so long despite everything!

Word Count → 400+

Unsurprisingly, Layla was correct in her reassurances about running into someone. It didn't take long for that unique clip-clop sound of footsteps from hooves, a sound she had heard only once before. Ears pricked and tail curled up, Layla peered through the landscape in her anticipation to place her blue gaze on the large yet magnificent creature that was the source of the footsteps. Her hand gripped the strap of her pack. Would it be Liliana and Grace? That would be very, very fortunate; a laughably lucky coincidence, for sure.

Fate was not going to show its sense of humor this day. Out from the green of Serena Reserve stepped a dark monstrous sized being that Layla had recently learned to call "horse". It had a star on it's head and no male genitalia between it's rear legs and the fae classified it as a mare. This mare was much larger than Grace the chestnut. Off of her back, a brown male dismounted and walked towards her. Layla walked to meet him half way, showing none of the effect his proud companion had on her.

As he looked her over, a thing she was starting to get used to, she quickly scanned from head to toe with her blue eyes. He was taller, having to look down on her with his white eyes. This close up, Layla could notice the different shades of brown and the tints of black. A blue feather hanging from his neck caught her glance briefly. Meeting those white eyes, she gave a small curt smile. The male spoke with a Spanish accent that graced her ears. True Spanish had always seemed like a purr to her compared to the harsh German many of her elders in her birth pack spoke.

"Hola Señor. I was hoping to meet with the AniWaya femme Liliana Utina. I was hoping to learn more about equines," Layla said briskly. Sticking her right hand out, she said, "I am Layla, a simple loner, I doubt she spoke of me. We only met briefly." Running her spare black hand through her thick mane of ringlets, she continued, "If she is busy, maybe there is a better time to come back?" She gave a half of a smile from her white maw. "I'm sorry, but that horse is quite impressive. Liliana's Grace took me by surprise but this... I have no words for her."

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread