Here Comes the Rain
[html]

Yay! We're on our way!

Word Count → 400+

Layla had been raised in a German dog pack and like all pups, she and her siblings were put into the rigorous training program. They were each trained the basics. Hunting, swimming, fire making, first aid, and all the rest. They had fast paced physical education. Pilates, yoga, boxing, and more. Languages were included with their education. Layla happens to be able to speak English, German, Gaelic, French, and Latin. Because of her Latin knowledge, she was taught simple tricks to learning basic Spanish and Italian. She could not as of yet talk in low-speech, however.

Faith nodded and did other general equine actions that she was starting to become familiar with. Layla's hand suddenly seemed dainty to her as León accepted her greeting. His chocolate ears fell slightly, telling Layla that he didn't quite know what she was talking about. Yet he sported an understanding smile that wouldn't let her frown. Layla's inked ears perked up at the knowledge that the mare was indeed friendly. A gentle giant of sorts, by the sounds of it. "Wow, you are very lucky," she said.

Speaking seemed to draw Faith's attention. She was soon snuffling at Layla. Remembering back to her previous meeting with Liliana Utina and Grace, Layla offered her hand, flat and palm up. "I apologize I have nothing but jerky in my pack," Layla told the mare. She didn't know if the horse would understand her or not, but regardless she'd like to think that Faith could. León's deep accented voice brought back her attention. Her blue eyes connected with his oddly pale gaze and the warmth of his hands on hers became aware. "Well, I'm equally sorry to hear that. She really is quite the femme," Layla said.

The brown male paused and proposed a new option. Layla look up to the sky, checking the current state of the weather. Looking back at León, Layla said, "I smell rain on the way. A stable has a roof, yes? I would love my efforts to not be in vain." León released her hand, a good thing as it could have gotten awkward if put off for much longer. She was already blushing under her black dyed cheeks. "Would you be so kind? I'm sure I can find something in my pack to repay you for your efforts and troubles," Layla said, blinking sweetly. She thought over what she had. A journal, couple candles, ink and quill, tattered blanket, a few dyes, flint, a pocket knife, a buffalo bone comb, and two bottles of hard liquer.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread