Reconciliation
[html]

300+

When she spoke, her words were halting. She said she wished to apologize and hope started to bloom in his chest, even though his resentment wished to stifle that good feeling. She paused, and breathed heavily to the point he began to wonder if he needed to go find Dawali, but she was finally able to continue. It relieved him to hear that she regretted that she had let all of this go on for so long, but he could not understand why she did not know how to forgive him. Once again he could not connect his misstep with the anger she had felt towards him. It was not as if he had seriously injured the man. He had let his jealousy get the best of him, he knew this now, but he still felt it was a relatively minor incident and not one deserving of how things had deteriorated so rapidly between them.

Liliana's tears were the thing that finally crumbled his stoic disposition though. No matter how hurt he had been by her actions towards him these past many days he still loved her. Nayati walked over to her and tentatively wrapped his arms around her. He was silent for a moment or two more, trying to find a way to respond to what she had said. "Is it really so hard for you to forgive me?" he spoke in an almost whisper. "I am not perfect Liliana, and I made a mistake. I will likely make more. If you find it so hard to forgive, what will we do?" It hurt him to ask these questions, but he felt that he must. "It felt like you no longer loved me." He felt the unfamiliar pressure of tears behind his own eyes now as all the pain his heart had endured came back at full force.

<style type="text/css">
.nayati b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayati .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayati p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayati {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ede3d7; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... nayati.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread