this labyrinth kee[p]s growing
[html]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... nh-mid.gif) repeat-y; width: 397px;" align="center">

Sounds good. <3! Powerplay through her chest wrapping, didn't think you'd mind. You can construe the medical supplies to be whatever you think is plausible/necessary that would be used by a pack medic person thing. Lol. [WC: 651]

She couldn't tell how long he'd been gone. One moment he was there, then he left. Medicine, he said. He needed medicine. The sun blinded her in his absence. She closed her eye, the other still closed anyhow, letting the light fade and the dark replace it. Before she really realised that she'd started fading away, though, she felt gauze wrapping around her chest. She tried to lift herself up slightly. It hurt, but she knew she needed patching up. She wasn't going to make it out alive if she didn't let him help her. It wasn't even that she didn't want to; she was too weak to be suspicious. If he suddenly changed his mind and killed her, she was no worse off than she would have been alone, torn apart by the cougar. But her body felt broken, and she knew she was well torn up. She panted softly, trying to keep her breath. She thought of saying something, but it was hard enough to breathe without the words. Finally, she laid back down and murmured.

"I thought I was dead."

Her left eye still wouldn't open, and she'd given up trying. It was easier to cling to whatever comfort she could find. That's why she hadn't asked him why... he'd saved her life, and that was something good. She felt a sense of comfort, maybe even belonging, because of that. He didn't have to. He was obviously hurt from it; it would have been easier for him to just stay out of it and let her die. But he hadn't. And as much as paranoia begged her to believe that it was simply so that he could hold it over her head, she couldn't bring herself to give the thought more than a moment's notice. She didn't ask why he'd done it. She didn't want to ask. This was good, the first good thing that had ever come of them being anywhere near each other... even if it was the worst of circumstances, she felt like the close call with death had served something of a greater purpose... even if just for now. The weak smile from before made a second appearance, and though the muscle movement wasn't particularly comfortable, she couldn't bring herself to not offer that much, at least.

It occurred to her that he was shaking, and still bleeding. She had fallen a decent length from her bag, but she still had a few of Naniko's things in it. Maybe he could use them... she was sure that the female wouldn't mind that. She looked up at him and spoke, trying to keep her voice even in spite of the pain. "My bag... is by the gravestone. Just a row or two that way." She gestured with her head slightly, in a vague and painful movement, to the place which she'd been before the cougar had found her. She knew there was more gauze there, and some herbs and other medical items that she wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do with. Those were Naniko's. And she had a few linen bandages and some thread and needles. She wasn't sure what might be useful, and she'd forgotten, for the moment, that her mother's journal was in there as well. She was still watching her father.

She added, "I could... try to get it. Or you can. There's medicine and stuff... I think we need it." He obviously needed some patching up, and she wasn't sure what else she needed... except perhaps a pirate eye patch. She'd read about those once, although she'd never met a pirate, let alone one with an eye patch, so she couldn't be entirely sure if it was true. But the fact that literature came to mind now, of all things, struck her as amusing and entirely ridiculous. If it wouldn't have hurt so badly, she might have actually laughed.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... nh-ftr.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 396px; height: 86px;"> 

[/html]

Messages In This Thread