Eating sea biscuits and drinking red rum
[html]
She had no idea if he looked like a King. Come to think of it, it had probably been a stupid question. Why would a King be looking to move into somebody else's kingdom - unless, that is, it was an invasion of some kind. But here went her rambling mind again, now she was painting Denver into a strange picture of leading armies, sieges and storming battlements. Not that the hotel had battlements, or any of the buildings in the towns she'd seen so far. No, of course he wasn't a King. Perhaps the reason he had been looking - or hoping - for a kingdom was that the kind of strong leadership a monarchy implied meant security, luxury, order and discipline. Caspa had been taught this; her own father had been a monarch of a sort. She may not have been attracted here because of the draws of the civilised, courtly lifestyle, but she had stumbled in almost entirely by accident, her decision settled by Niro's amiable face and ready welcome. Caspa didn't care about extravagant lifestyles. Her few belongings and sparsely furnished quarters were testament to that. Denver seemed more like the creature-comforts type, on first impressions, whatever that was worth.

She matched his half-serious tone with a deadpan one of her own. "Well, so long as you remind me if at any point I am required to curtsey." Not a trace of humour showed in her dark eyes, but a corner of the long muzzle quirked slightly in a half-amused grimace, which flicked away as quickly as it har arrived as she narrowed her eyes at the sharp-pronged spur, slowly spinning to a stop. She had nothing against sharp objects in general, but that thing was designed for use on innocent animals. Not to kill, but to irritate and hurt. She wasn't keen on staying inside much longer, anyway. "Would you like to get out of here?" she asked, realising as she spoke how awkward the words sounded. She prayed some of Denver's confidently smooth manner might rub off on her. "I mean, with me. We could walk?" She wasn't helping the awkwardness, but whatever. Either he would, or he wouldn't.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread