Faces Blur By
[html]

Sorry it took so long! I had to tie out my horses :/ Word Count: 525!

Shanta had woken up a bit late this morning, she had been out late last night for a midnight ride. Though she felt a bit more refreshed today than the days she slept through the night. It would definitely turn into something she would do weekly. Shanta sat up in the Town Hall, many members missing since they had woke on time and were off doing their duties. Her blanket was thrown aside of her, the way it usually was when she woke up. She grabbed the wrinkled blanket and folded it neatly, she did the same to the thin sheet she had lay on. Shanta stood up and stretched, yawning in the process. She picked up the blankets and took them to a small shelf that held many blankets and towels. She really wanted some fresh air, so she grabbed her satchel and headed out the door. She stepped out into the chilly air, enjoying the contrast of the warm, stuffy air in the building to the cool, clear air out here. She took a big breathe and exhaled, feeling fully awake now.

Shanta headed to the Stables as she dusted herself off and smoothed down her fur. She entered the warm building and shook off some snow that had landed on her. She went into the tack room and pulled out a headstall and reins for Belle, a young mare whom Shanta had grown to love. Shanta walked out of the tack room and closed the door tightly. She went to Belle's stall and joined the mare in the stall, putting the tack on her and leading her out of the stall. She closed the stall and continued to lead Belle out of the Stables. Shanta mounted the horse smoothly, patting her back as she did. She heeled the horse and leaned slightly to the left, gently pulling the reins to the left. Belle followed Shanta's commands and turned left and started to walk. Shanta walked the horse for a few minutes, then she began to trot, bobbing slightly on the horse, but gripping enough with her thighs that she was not flopping off of the horse.

She rode on and on, but when she got to the border, Belle didn't seem to want to head back, nor did Shanta. Shanta led Belle to a low part of the fence and jumped Belle over it. She scratched the mare's shoulders kindly and then heeled her once more, causing the mare to start at a long trot again. Shanta knew that she was in Neutral Territories now, land unclaimed by packs. But she was still on her guard, many lone canines roamed the lands. She finally came to a halt near a small stream, dismounting and sitting near it, letting Belle go to the stream and drink. Belle splashed then lay down, rolling in the water. "Belle!" Shanta shouted in happiness when she was splashed with cold water. "I hope you don't get sick from the cold! Liliana wouldn't ever leave me in charge of the animals again." Shanta stopped suddenly, her ears twitching and angling towards a noise she had heard. "Hello? Someone there?"

<style type="text/css">
.shantablossom-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantablossom b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2d4d6; letter-spacing:1px}
.shantablossom p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shantablossom {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d0a4a9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2s9ejc0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554447; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #392729; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread