Faces Blur By
[html]
500+

Learning how Shanta's family always had a special connection with creatures other than Luperci, Alae's own family could relate on the same level as well. "That's interesting. My own family has taken care of wounded and ill animals over time, sometimes just to take care of when they're well. We often let them go on their own whim, however." Most of the animals the Sidhe Luperci kept in captivity were free to leave upon their own will. Most animals did stay as companion or personal pets, but most also left back into the wild at the same time. While some creatures were unable to voice their gratitude, the Sidhe Luperci knew in their hearts the creatures were thankful for them, and not all Luperci in the world were after them for prey or to kill for the fun of it.

There seemed to be an impenetrable bond between Shanta and Belle, as the two got along in harmony with one another. Alae observed this, while Kael was still feeling rather uneasy about Belle in general (his feathers furrowed like the guard hairs upon a Luperci when they were frustrated). "Easy, Kael, Belle is tame." The Sidhe murmured to her companion on her shoulder, feeling the talons of the owl digging rather tensely into her shoulder. There were some things that were puzzling about the owl, but then again Alae held a sense of understanding as to why the owl would be intimidated by such a large presence.

Shanta then spoke about the lotus tattoo upon her upper right arm, and she chuckled gently. "You know, I was just about to ask the same of you." Alae said, intrigued to suddenly learn about Shanta's lotus tattoo across her collarbone. Shanta questioned the history behind Alae's own, and also how herself and Kael met. Before she went into explaining, Alae followed Shanta a little ways to sit with her, sitting on her knees. One hand rubbed her tebori tattoo in reverie to the meaning. "Well, it was a gift from my grandmother. She was into holistic healing and Buddhist practices, and I've followed her along in her studies. It's a symbol for optimism, free thinking, positivity. It was done by a renowned tebori artist in my birth pack, and the process is usually not for the weak." Her tattoo was full of pain no doubt, but she was proud to endure what she must to earn such a symbol upon her. "Actually, I found Kael wounded in a forest. He was meant to be…" Alae suddenly trailed off, her voice lowering in a whisper. "… prey," She wasn't sure if Kael understood English language, and didn't want to offend her companion. ", so I took him back to our village and healed him. Ever since he's stuck around, even though he's healthy enough to return to the wild. I just think he stay around for free meals." Alae said with amusement, jiggling her shoulder in jest a little. "What's the story behind yours?" Alae then said, interested to know what her lotus symbolized (and also the two crescents upon her shoulders if she decided to divulge in them).

[/html]

Messages In This Thread