a story at three
[html]

399 WOTD: "Epigamic"

True, there was little use for the pelt in Alae's grasp. There was no article of clothing it could be made into that would be flashy or noticeable enough to show off, but Alae had some rampant ideas running in her mind. Whether or not it was of any real use, the Sidhe would be bound to make something out of it. That, and it could be used for a great trade item as well. "I'll be bound to figure out something." Alae responded to the colorful Luperci, shrugging her shoulders lightly to this.

Listening on what the rainbow of colors represented, his reasoning enough seemed fairly straightforward and understood. Nature was full of variety when it came to color and mostly one thing adapted to one or two shades, or were in the same color family as another. Perhaps if Luperci were a little more epigamic in their pelt colors, the world could certainly be a much more vibrant place. His pelt was ever moving with such, applying colors as he went along. "What kind of dye do you use? Is it extracted from plants, berries, or?" While Alae had heard of fur dying before, she never really discovered the technique behind it.

As far as favorite colors went, Alae shrugged once again. "I'm only of Earthy hues, but the only other colors on me are subtle pink and yellow." Alae responded, and then pivoted her shoulder to where he could see her lotus tattoo engraved upon her shoulder. "It was tebori, done by my birth pack. The colors have since faded some, though I would definitely like a touch up one day." One hand softly rubbed across the permanently scarred flesh. Remembering the peculiar pain that came with tebori, the reverie gave her chills, but her lotus was a symbol of her respect and bravery, and didn't regret her decision to have it done.

Offering the prospect of more rabbit pelts, Alae was mildly surprised at the colorful Luperci's gratitude and hospitality. "Oh, thank you ever so much. Maybe I can stop by to see what you have. By the way, my name is Alae, from Dahlia de Mai." Alae said, squeezing in her introduction while she could. Alae found it rather thoughtful of him to offer some Luperci pelts, and perhaps it could prove to be a good trading gesture for the both of their packs.

<style type="text/css">
.darklotus b {font-weight:bold; color:#5D2F3A; letter-spacing:-1px; }
.darklotus .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.darklotus p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 20px; margin:0px;}
.darklotus {margin:0px auto; width:356px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/104jc45.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#565455; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread